Sunday, May 11, 2008

Too Too Returns

A couple of weekends ago we were watering the flowers in the front yard, and Ava noticed a lizard crawling on the hose. She started spazzing out and followed him everywhere he roamed. Thru the grass, up the lower part of a tree trunk, on the sidewalk. (I imagine he was trying to escape, most likely being scared to death of a tromping toddler) She was super excited and promptly named him Too Too. I'm not sure if that is how she spells his name, but other variations include TuTu, and Two Two. To me, he looks like a Too Too. Any-hoo, she had a great time watching him frolic around until he disappeared. Fast forward to this morning. I am changing Grace's diaper and Ava comes running down the hallway yelling "Too Too's home Mommy! Too Too's home!" I knew exactly what she was talking about. I grabbed Grace and followed Ava back down the hallway. Sure enough! He was home! On our front porch. How cute is it she thinks it him! I thought not to burst her bubble and let her in on the fact that Too Too most likely is dead and shriveled up like a burnt potato chip under my car, and this is a completely different lizard, come on you stupid little kid! Use your brain!
I opted to not take that route.

Meet Too Too:

He enjoyed playing peek-a-boo and showing off his red throat.

Ava was amazed his 'mouth' did that. :)

1 comment:

Beankountess said...

Too funny...I asked Ava this morning- the cats name that lives outside? And she said it was, Too Too.

I was happy to know who she was talking about. ;-)