Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fredericksburg!


Ahh, it's good to be back home with the girls, but Boy George was it nice to get the hell outta dodge with just each other. The Hub and I drove to Fredericksburg and checked into a Bed and Breakfast on Saturday afternoon. It was FANCY PANTS. Totally beautiful, relaxing and romantic. We partook in the sightseeing people do when they are in the quaint, tiny town of Fredericksburg. I've never actually been to a bed and breakfast before, and holy moly I've missed out on a lot. It depends on what type of person/couple you are. Some peeps don't dig that kind of thing, but we do. We do now, that's fo-sho. I picked a gemstone of B & B's if I do say so myself. I'm now one of those people who say "B & B's" like I own one or something. This place was huge, inside Absolute Charm's Victorian Mansion, in the Master Suite. 20+ foot ceilings in the bathroom, 2 bedrooms, velly velly nice. Pretty little porch that over looked big pecan trees, a circle drive, and gushing fountain. After we checked in and got settled, we left to check out Main Street. We did a little shopping and people watching - lots of Harley's out this weekend, and the bandanna's and leather outfits that go with the Harley owners. :)

We enjoy a cold beer during the summer, or just in general, and Fredericksburg is a German town with lots-o-German beer. Tastalicious. Scrumtralecent. Craving a cold beer and hot lunch we stopped in at the Fredericksburg Brewing Company. We enjoyed our cold beverages and fish tacos. Our waiter kept showing up with a chip on his shoulder. A pickle chip, that is. I exploited him by taking a picture and we made him leave it there until it fell off. He was a good sport.





No matter what it is you are looking for, you WILL FIND IT in Fredericksburg.



Need calico cat or penguin S&P shakers? Done.



Meeeeoow!





That's Hot.


I found Flower, Mozart and Zaphod :)



Fast forward to dinner time, Terry makes some drinks and we relax on the patio for a bit before heading to August E's, a fairly new restaurant in town.






We arrive only to be told there are ZERO tables available and they are turning peeps away... Why you ask? It's prom. Ahhh. Right, our luck. Deciding it was no big deal to not sit at a table, we ended up in the bar. It was FLIPPING WINDY AT THE BAR. Of course I pick the one seat in the whole place in which the ginormous air vent points directly at my face. I hate being cold and I swear I am still frozen and wind-burned. Everytime I lifted my drink off of the napkin, the damn thing flew off into the air. After a couple of stiff vodka pineapples the wind wasn't much of an issue... we ate dinner and enjoyed ourselves. The prom kids kept us entertained, most dressed really cute, but some were going to have a really exciting night if you get my drift. Having two daughters makes me a tad nervous for the day their prom rolls around...I have a feeling it makes Terry more nervous.




After asking where we could find live music we mosied on over to Hondo's. This place was fun, cold beer, country music, outdoor patio, and to our surprise games on the tables. Our table had CONNECT 4! I kicked Terry's ass not once... but twice.










After breakfast in the morning we walked Main St. once again. Along the way we noticed a cat sleeping in the front window of an antique shop. She finally awoke after I tapped hard on the window. She appeared quite pissed that she was no longer sleeping, she had a bitchy look on her face and she reminded me of Slippers. I snapped a pic and we continued on our way.




On the way back past the same shop Terry noticed a different cat in the bitchy cat's spot, but this one was gray and really fat and really friendly. I'm a crazy cat person and took a pic of him too.




You can't travel to Fredericksburg without buying their famous peaches, so we grabbed some and headed home to the girls. It was nice to be home and see their sweet little faces. :)



1 comment:

Beankountess said...

Sounds (and looks) like you guys had a great time!

See you this week...maybe you and the girls can meet me for lunch?