Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mooove over formula...There's a new drink in town!

YAY! We now have 4 real milk drinkers in the house! No more $23 cans of Enfamil Next Step 3x a month! When Ava was a little over a year old I replaced her usual foamy, smelly, disgusting formula she so admired with whole milk. She never knew the difference, and that was that.

One daughter down, one to go!

Yesterday I warmed some regular milk and handed Grace the bottle. She took a couple of sips then held the bottle out in front of her as if to say, "Um, I believe this is different, I might throw a fit, but I am so hungry that it just doesn't matter." She drank the rest and never looked back.

Yippie!

Well, kind of yippie, I think I might miss walking down the formula isle at H-E-B. But... if I miss the formula isle, I can just head one isle over to the diaper/wipe/baby wash/butt cream/conveniently diced fruits & vegetables for baby isle. That will make up for it. I foresee another year and a half until the last pull-up will be used and we can forgo the baby products isle for good...Until we have another. I kid. I kid. Dear God, I kid.

4 comments:

Beankountess said...

It's time to try for a baby boy!!! ;-)

~Kara~ said...

Toni Loo, you shut your FOUL MOUTH.

Julie said...

Glad you left a comment on my blog! :) Now I can admit to stalking yours! You crack me up and now I've learned that I can't even read your comments while drinking or else I risk it ending up all over my screen. We should get together and let the girls play and wear themselves out, the boys can talk all things Dell, and we can toast to no more formula with an even better drink....wine.

~Kara~ said...

Julie - send me your email addy, mine is my last name.austin.rr.com