Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Nerd Powers Activate! (August)

You recall Nerd Powers Activate! ~ well here's the August edition.

I'm home now and in my jammies after book club. It seems I was the only one who read the book this time around. Thank God too, because I'm the one who picked it and how awkward would it be none of us read it. Not awkward enough though, because we all would have still had happy hour and still split a whole crap load of food and still had fun like we always do. I'm lucky I even finished the book, the Olympics were on every single night and I kind of read with one eye and watched Phelps with the other.

Ok, that's all I got. Real exciting. I'm off to eat more of that damned popcorn Annemarie got me hooked on. Annemarie, this is like the 5th box we've eaten in the past week. Thannnnkks for telling me about this popcorn. This popcorn which I SWEAR has traces of cocaine or some shit because it's FABULOUS and BEAUTIFUL and CALLS MY NAME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. I'm a popcorn freak now. Never have I so enjoyed popcorn. I can't tell you the brand because that means I will spend more time looking for it on the store shelves cuz you might buy it all and less time cramming it in my mouth as fast as I possibly can without taking a breath.

oh. the book is These Is My Words, Nancy E. Turner... if you are aimlessly browsing at Barnes and Noble and can't make up your mind. It's good. Almost as good as my popcorn.

1 comment:

Beankountess said...

I'm sorry I did not read the book.
But, I'm really proud of you!

Whatever is the name of this fabulous popcorn?