Saturday, August 16, 2008

End of the Week Recap

Wednesday morning I met Julie & Sheridan (and Julie's friend Sara and her daughter Natalie) for a morning filled with sprinkler park fun! All the girls had a blast, jumping, running and splashing around. Grace was hilarious, she was loving the freeeeezing cold water and would just hold her head directly in the water stream, never caring she had a face/mouth full of water afterward. Ava was a little more timid and was shocked by the cool temperature of the water. She just played 'around' the sprinklers. I'm not even sure she ever got wet... All the while I was IN the sprinklers chasing the littlest of my rabbits around, making sure she didn't drown or get trampled by another wild child.

Thursday morning I met some of the playgroup girls at the play scape at McD's, and all of our kiddos burned off some extra energy...we had a little lunch then headed over to see my sister at the salon. The girls caught up with their Aunt Nana and Grace and Ava played hide-and-go-seek with Zach in the backyard of the salon. After all of that we headed home for some very welcome naps. I did my due diligence by reading more of the book of the month, or I might have taken a nap. Uhhh... I can't remember which. :) The 26th is coming up quick... gulp.

Fast forward to Thursday evening. Julie hosted a CAbi show at her home and I went to check out the goods, and of course mingle with friends. The clothes were adorable, their fall line, I bought a beautiful little black jacket... I will have to wear it in about 4 months when it's cool. :)

On my way home from Julie's I called Terry to see if the power at our house was back on. A transformer blew about 5pm when I returned at 9, it still wasn't on. Terry had put the girls to bed in just diapers and shorts. Well, Grace wore that, Ava on the other hand told Terry she would get cold if she didn't have on a shirt for bed and so she wore regular jammies. Smart cookie. The power finally returned at 10:30pm. Thank the frickin' Lord. Everyone slept fairly well, you forget how much you take power for granted. It's a little bit of a necessity, ya know.
Enjoying a very late dinner by candle/mag lite. Ahh, romance. :)

Friday morning we went to my grandma's to play. Before we say good-bye, Ava always takes a stroll down the sidewalk with her great grandma, and I take a pic every single time. Grace is now old enough to hold hands and join in the fun.

On to tonight ~ my good friend Yvette hosted a purse party and I attended, to again, check out the goods and to see her new place as she has recently moved. So cute Y! It had been a long time since we've hung out, and we enjoyed the evening. I tackled my urge to go nutso and found some restraint...no purse for me.

After I left, I went to go see Tropic Thunder with Annemarie, some of you will not agree, some will, but I LOVED THE MOVIE. I love Robert Downey Jr., and Jack Black and OMEGA I nearly peed my pants every time they spoke. Annemarie thinks I'm a nutjob. It's nothing new. I can't wait to take Terry to see it, it's hilar.

Toodles. It's late and I need to spend some time with my darling hubster. He's been a doll letting me get out this week with friends and taking a break from it all. (No school the month of August)I think I'll make him breakfast and let him sleep in the whole weekend.

2 comments:

Julie said...

We had so much fun at the water park and I'm so glad you could make it Thursday night! I'm sure it was difficult to enjoy the air conditioning at my house while knowing Terry and the girls we sweating back home! ;)

Jenni said...

I am superjealous. I'm moving to the city which will go unmentioned. No more having fun without me. *is spoiled only child*