Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tick Tock ... Tick Tock!

Go out and buy your popcorn and candy folks, we are only 5 days away from spectacular television!



I love the Olympics. There's nothing like cream of the crop athletes from 209 different countries showing the world their incredible talent.

Speaking of the Olympics and Beijing; tonight I found a show on the Travel channel called Wild China. The show spans everything from exploring nature/wildlife to facts about the country itself. Did you know there are over 700 million people living just on the eastern seaboard? With over 1.3 billion people total, China is the world's largest and most populous country in the world. And here I was thinking it was Iceland. Silly me. See what you can learn?? Listen to me: Set your Tivo, or DVR, or whatever recording device you utilize and study up on China before the games start. It's a fun way to get a few history/factoid lessons in with your kids while they are out of school, too. I've already forced Ava to watch, and now she knows snakes eat fluffy baby birds and the pollution in the larger cities is killing people. Uh, perhaps it's not so perfect for the tiniest of tots to view.

Turn it on and watch. You will be ultra-prepared for Friday, August 8th. I know I will be!

p.s. Here's a link to the competition schedule! I'm a dork and I am proud of it, so shut up.

2 comments:

Beankountess said...

I think I may have an Opening Ceremony Party!! I'm as silly as you!

~Kara~ said...

Gooooo USA!!!