Saturday, August 9, 2008

She Bangz, She Bangz

This afternoon was a shear delight... and Grace was the mane attraction. Sorry. No more puns, promise. We took her to my neighbor Yvette's salon and after a few snippy snips, Grace could see again.

How on God's Green Earth, not one, but two of my children turned out with straight hair just baffles me. Ava's is technically wavy... that horrible hair in which the back hangs stick straight and the underside has ringlets. Not cute y'all. She's barely 3 so I am allowed to make fun. She might mind in 10 years if I openly criticise but since the word CHI has yet to enter her vocabulary, she's fair game.


My sweet parsnip.
(I messed it all up to make for a more interesting 'before' pic.)

Yay, my hair feels lighter already!

I'm picky about the top... O.K. it feels good.

I love my LaLa (Yvette)

Thank you Yvette for giving little Grace her first trim. She loves you and so do I. :)

3 comments:

Annemarie said...

ADORable!!! Love her little top too....she's such a fashionista!!!

Jenni said...

That must've been a hair raising experience. It turned out to be a definite hair DO. It was a [sheer] delight to read about it.

Okay. I'm finished.

I need to go. I spend my days keeping my hair dressing mother's scissors away from my child. Huddy is a permanent fixture in my life. She really colors my world.

Okay. Now I am going.

Elisabeth said...

Does she cut many kids hair? H2 is due for his first haircut...I'd rather not go to "Kool Kuts" (I have a thing against people mis-spelling for "cute" sake)...anyway...let me know. We're getting very close to our first haircut!!