Monday, March 31, 2008

tampons aren't scary, honey.

I called Terry at work and asked him if he could run an errand on his way home. He said 'sure'. He had no problem picking up a 5X7 picture I had printed at Walgreen's. A few hours later, I realized I was out of tampons. I called him back and told him to get tampons too. That's an easy thing to get at a store. Tampons. He's a boy. I'm a girl. Girls use tampons. Not boys. Checkout ladies at Walgreen's are probably aware of that rule. I must have been talking to Ava on the phone because he threw a HUGE TANTRUM.

Instead of understanding the Walgreen's checkout ladies would probably understand the tampons were not for him, he asks me: "Oh come on Honey! Isn't there something else you can use?" .................................................................. OMG. Are you being serious? Let me gather my thoughts, PLEASE! Did I just hear you ask if there was something else I could use? Why, Yes. I totally forgot! I have a bag of cotton balls under my sink. Let me go get those and squish a bunch of them together and try that. NO! The answer is no Terry! I cannot just *use something else*.

Why are boys so unrealistic? I mean really, why even be embarrassed for buying tampons? Why is that embarrassing? You don't have to use them just because you bought them!

3 comments:

Beankountess said...

You could have asked him to pick up maxi's with 'wings'.

loragaige said...

Maybe they should package them like AXE body spray and make them the manpons...so macho!

Taegensmom said...

you are hilarious!
With that pregnant man, maybe he thought people would be confused.
Alex said it best when he said, if anyone wonders at the checkout counter, they will KNOW for sure that I have a woman in my life......which is a good thing, I think?!