Monday, March 17, 2008

Sunday dinner

Terry and I love the Food Network. We watch all the time, and Terry is always taking recipes from the shows and trying them out. They are always very yummy. So the one recipe he tried out last night was no exception. This one came from Bobby Flay's show: Boy Meets Grill. I am on the fence with Bobby. I like him, he is interesting, but I think in real life he might be a huge ego-maniac. He has another show called: Throw Down with Bobby Flay. This is particularly ironic, because in 90% of the throw downs, he gets his ass beat by another chef. He flies all the way to some city and surprises a restaurant owner/chef to a cook-off then... bam! Gets beat. I secretly love it, because again, I think he's an ego-maniac.

We have a gas grill, we use it all the time. When I say 'we' I mean Terry. I don't know how to light the thing. The oven is more my cup of tea. Anyway, we have a gas grill, but Terry went out and bought a Weber charcoal grill. He bought B&B charcoal which is supposed to be the mack daddy of charcoal... he grilled up some chicken breasts, then brushed some new potatoes (we couldn't find the fingerling potatoes it called for) with olive oil, kosher salt and pepper and sliced up eggplant and used the same simple seasoning, then put those on the grill. The recipe also called for a garlic-oregano vinaigrette, Terry blended that up and drizzled it all over the food. Oh my was that tangy and tasty. We poured ourselves some white wine and sat down to enjoy! It is a simple recipe, that really showcased the charcoal/grill flavor that was infused thru the food. Fast and fabulous!



Try it out... Here's Bobby's recipe.

1 comment:

Annemarie said...

How do we sign up to get invited to the din din shindigs at the Wildenhaus house? That looks GOOOOOD!!!

Love the new banner image too, btw! So cute! :)