Sunday, March 9, 2008

easter = eggs

Easter will be here soon, and I figure I will share a cute tidbit of how things work in Ava’s brain… Terry had the flu a few weeks ago and there was ZERO chance I was letting Ava or Grace get it. They are a handful enough without having the flu for God’s sake. We left Terry to fend for himself at home, and drove to my Aunt’s house to stay a couple nights, free of germs. While we were there, my cousin’s son, Evan was visiting and Ava walked in on a diaper change of his. A boy diaper change. She’s a girl. He’s a boy. She’s never seen a boy… you know. Except for Terry, and that’s a whole other story. Maybe at school, she's seen boy's changed, but not really up close and personal like this. Anyway, she walked in on the diaper change, and just stared. And stared, and you could see the gears turning in her head. She finally figured out what she’d seen, turned to me and said, “Mommy, Evan’s got an EGG?” After being overwhelmed with how cute I thought that was, I deemed it appropriate to agree with her. “Yes, Ava, boy’s have Eggs.”
When you think about it, boys do have eggs. To a 2 year old, that looks just like an egg. Too cute. Happy Easter Ava.

No comments: