Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bess Bistro and A Fine Frenzy

I've definitely made it a point within the last few months to get out more often with my girlfriends - let loose and have fun. Toni, Annemarie and I have lots-o-fun when we three are together. We crack each other up! I hope they know that I heart them. I think they heart me too. :)

On to what fun I did have last night! Toni and I met up at at Annemarie's place and all drove together to Sandra Bullock's restaurant: Bess Bistro. It's in the old Stratford Arms building on W. 6th, the old Pecan Street. Everything in the building has been preserved and restored and was absolutely beautiful! The floor looked to me to be a kind of glazed concrete and with every step I took, I nearly busted my you-know-what. Of course I wore tall heels and could barely walk in them without falling anyway, but the slippery floor was my only complaint. We were seated and ordered a few cocktails, then decided to start with their spinach salad, it was topped with an over-easy egg. Uh, sounds weird, but OMG it was the best idea ever! We scarfed all of it down. Except for Toni, who left an uneaten over-easy egg all alone on the side of her plate. Annemarie was quick to make sure that egg wasn't lonely for long. :) We then moved on to dinner... we split the pork tenderloin and it was F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S. After another round of cocktails it was time for dessert. Splitting one wasn't an option, we are too selfish when it comes to dessert. Three different desserts did the trick. As Rachel Ray would say: Yum-O. After we were finished, Sandra Bullock was making her rounds around the dinner tables and we convinced her to sit with us and chat! She is so beautiful and sweet and she comped our entire dinner! I'm totally kidding, I wanted to make sure you were paying attention and not just on my blog to look at pictures...

When we were good-n-full, we left for The Parish Room, to see A Fine Frenzy. I've never seen her before and wasn't expecting the place to be full! She is on tour, headlining now, so the place was packed! We found a cozy spot in the back corner with a perfect view! It really was fun, we took a lot of crazy pics, that's nothing new though. Her music is beautiful and soulful and you can't help but just fall in love with her when she opens her mouth to sing. She's gorgeous and talented, plays the piano, what a show! After her set, she played one more song. A new one, a taste of what's to come for A Fine Frenzy, sounded great! Can't wait to head out with the girls again when she's back in Austin. The evening was full of energy and laughs. Until next time!





Click below for a peek of A Fine Frenzy's Borrowed Time from - The Parish Room - 3.28.08


2 comments:

Beankountess said...

Of course we heart you! Your my favorite Kara Loo!

I had fun last night - even though I was a tad tired from traveling.

Annemarie said...

Great food, great friends, great music and a GREAT recap!!! I am so glad that we get to do fun things like that together!! And yes, I heart you too, Kara!! :)