Friday, March 14, 2008

Live Music + Good Food + Alcohol = The Perfect Saturday Afternoon!


Thank you Shanna, for the brilliant idea of leaving all of our kids at home and getting outdoors to enjoy some time for ourselves! Me, Shanna and Tiffany headed downtown to check out SXSW. We met Liz and Amber at BD Riley's and believe it or not, had the best lunch. After lunch and few drinks, we headed to the street to check things out. SXSW brings so many different kids of people into Austin. It was perfect for 'people watching'! Verrrry interesting.

We wanted to listen to some music, and made it over to Iron Cactus. The upstairs patio was closed, they were just finishing up a private party. The hostess was incredibly rude to us and let us know we were NOT going up to the patio. We left. I decided to go back inside and see who else I could find to ask... good thing I did. After asking a friendly person, we were on our way upstairs to the "closed" patio. Go me! The view was awesome, and from that vantage point, we could hear music from several different clubs. It was a fabulous and fun afternoon!

3 comments:

Annemarie said...

FUN! I'm so glad you got to enjoy some of SXSW, and on what a great day too!! :)

Elisabeth said...

Hoooray! What a fun day! (Why, look how clever - I made a rhyme!) Good times...can't wait for "the trip"!

amber said...

I had so much fun! I think you are hilarious and I love hanging out with you! See ya soon