Tuesday, March 11, 2008

...meowch that hurt

Joey and Slippers. They are our cats. I am one of those weird 'cat people' and treat my cats like I treat my kids. So get used to posts about cats-n-stuff. Anyway Slippers is a bitch, she's really prissy, and thinks she's gorgeous, and struts around like Queen of Sheba. She's entirely too smart to let a child or a crazy biting infant anywhere near her in order to do her harm. Joey on the other hand, is an idiot. We love him to bits, but he's not very smart, he's just dumb. There. He's one of those dumb, clumsy, idiot cats that bumps into shit when he's trying to balance along a fireplace mantle, and knocks all my pictures over and ruins everything we have. He is not keen on knowing when a crazy biting infant walks all the way around a coffee table to get to you, she's probably going to pull your fur or try to eat your face. Which Grace did this morning. She made it all the way to him, and being the moron he is, just let her put both arms around his neck and pull him in to try to eat his face. He just let her do it. He's kind of sweet I guess, to let Gracie grab and tug and tear and rip his fur out. He won't bite her, he's too dumb to know to do that. Or too sweet. We'll go with too sweet.

Then there's Slippers. My darling little bitch. She's the kind of cat who will slap the crap out of Joey while SHE is walking by HIM. He doesn't even have to do anything. Just be there, and she slaps him, and of course, he just lets her do it.

Here is Slippers in all her BEAUTIFUL GLORY.

I think this video taken when Joey was a kitten, will convince you he's not so right in the head...

Yea, he has some issues. He's also afraid of silverware.


I am posting this while the girls are napping and the Time Warner guy is in my bedroom. Sounds saucy. But it's not. He has terrible breath and is overly excited about using the attic which is RIGHT OUTSIDE THE GIRLS ROOMS. He is trotting thru the house with his 5 toolbelts chinging and banging and being way too loud. Anyway ~ our cable box in our room caught fire last night. Yes, you read that correctly. Caught on fire. So he's here fixing that. I won't go into details cuz they are boring and involve me keeping Terry up for an hour after he 'fixed' the fire. I kept going thru senarios of how our entire lives would have been shattered if we weren't at home when fire shot out of the little holes in the top and left soot and singed fur and dust all over my dresser.

2 comments:

loragaige said...

I am kooky about all of my animals too. I've been trying to catch this great little show our cats put on for us...but they stop anytime I bring out the camera. They are mom and daughter...anytime the daughter is laying around and looking happy the mom comes up and licks her...we think "awww, how cuuuute!"...then mom bites the crap out of the daughter, kicks her off whatever table/bed/dresser she's on and lays there with a smug, "now this is mine" look. Pure evil!!! :)

Taegensmom said...

what in the hell??? That is insane! Are they giving you a credit for the near death experience???