Thursday, March 6, 2008

OMG.

Ok, I hope you aren’t eating, or will be eating, or have just eaten, cus this is disgusting.
I was making dinner and decided to steam some cauliflower. It stinks like toots, but it’s good with lots-o-butter and salt-n-such. Anyway, I have this cool steamer and it’s easy. I took the cauliflower out of the fridge, ran some water on it, cut it into four pieces and put it on the steam tray thing. I turned it on. 15 minutes later I dished it up for me and Terry and ate it all up. All of it. As I was doing the dishes, the steam tray was the last to go into the washer. I noticed a very small piece of cauliflower at the bottom and was about to dump it out when I realized it wasn’t a small piece of cauliflower. IT WAS A F#CKING GRUB WORM. Yes. A bloated, steamed, puffy, yellow, thing with black eyes. I immediately thought of how the sequence of events led to that point. Did he die while in my fridge? Did he die being steamed to death, how did he not get cut in half by the knife, did he scream a little, airy, faint scream while being steamed to death? Did he leave babies in the bites we ate? Jesus. Did we eat little baby pupa worms he laid in the cauliflower? The questions don’t end. I only wish I took that picture I thought was too disgusting to take.

2 comments:

Annemarie said...

That is totally disgusting, and hilarious, at the same time. I like cauliflower though, when do I get to come to din din?

Jenni said...

I am eating my lunch. And I still read it. Even though you warned me. But I'm still eating. And inspecting my pasta. And chewing.