Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hawaiian Fusion & Mellow Jazz

Last night Terry took me to din din at Roy's restaurant. They have had the location here in Austin for a quite some time, I've just never had the chance to try it out. Roy's is Hawaiian fusion cuisine. I love love seafood and ordered the prosciutto wrapped tiger shrimp and when it arrived it was hard not to notice the gigantic sunny-side up egg directly on top. It all went together very well, I was delighted with the deliciousness of it all. Is deliciousness even a word? It was one of those dinners where you literally savor every bite you eat it's that good. Like that retarded commercial where that annoying big mouthed girl eats yogurt and says "It's like not catching the bouquet... good." You get the idea, mmm good. We were stuffed by the time dessert arrived but knew if dinner was that awesome, dessert would be too. All of a sudden the room cleared and I heard the sound of harps in the background, my hair began to blow then I realized! I'd taken a bite of our chocolate souffle and was in heaven. Fab din din.


Dinner ended early and we went looking for a place to sit back and chill with a drink or two. Several years have passed since we were last at the Elephant Room and we decided to spend the rest of the evening there, relaxing and listening to great jazz music. It was a fun, foot tappin' good time.





1 comment:

~Kara~ said...

I've read your comment 4 times and have no idea what you are meaning. Did I spell prosciutto wrong?? I'M SO CONFUSED! Break in the post? help me understand - I'm an idiot??? :(