Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rooty Tooty Fresh 'N Furious

Grace slept very late this morning and was in a terrific mood after we dropped Ava off at school. I wasn't yet ready to head home to sort/fold laundry, and I was craving IHOP crepes, so we went there for breakfast. Gracie was very well behaved, she played peek-a-boo with the grandma behind us and took on and off a purple heart bracelet, holding her arm up each time to show it off.

This is around the time I began my people watching. I love to listen to people and their conversations in a restaurant setting. I'm nosey and have big ears, and I think they help me pick up conversations that otherwise, normal people wouldn't catch. First off, I enjoy the IHOP experience, where else can you get pancakes with whipped cream and choco chippies on top? Plus, very interesting people eat there ~ if you know what I mean. Gotta love it. I ordered my usual, the International Passport, my waitress takes a few seconds after writing my order down then tells me, "we're outta crepes." Oh no you dih-int...you didn't just say that, that's totally why I drove all the way here! No biggie, I ordered the two by two by two... with pancakes, thinking of my daughter who would eat those with me.

As we are awaiting the arrival of our breakfast I'm hearing 3 different conversations... the first one involved someone having heartburn and they've tried like 3 different medications. Boooorrrrrring. The second was a young couple totally bad-mouthing one of their friends, how she's in a relationship they don't approve of and the guy is a total ass and she won't listen blah blah boo blah. They paused their bashing when Grace would turn around and wave excitedly their direction. The last conversation was the best. My waitress was getting rreeeammed for getting an order wrong. Some lady who just 'looked' rude, you know those people, they always have this upset look on their face... she was pointing at her plate and then pointing around the table, and it turns out she was simply devastated for ending up with -horrors!- hash browns instead of pancakes. Uh. OMG How ever will you go on with your day after an experience like that!? I'll tell you. You're at IHOP people. Nothing is over like $9.99. You are not ordering beef wellington, you are ordering eggs and pancakes and crap. Pancakes which come with an enormous ball of rock hard butter that isn't spreadable until well after you are finished with your meal. Not a fancy place, um-kay? It was like she found a decayed finger in her food, she was pee-o'd. The poor waitress was just standing there, I imagine wanting to deck this bitch, and after all of the yelling and pointing fingers the rude lady decides to just keep her hash browns and live with it. Umm-Why yell then? Why even bring it up if you won't let the waitress at least 'attempt' to make things right which is why you are bitching at her in the first place?

Grace and I finished our meal, picked up the sticky pancake bits scattered all over the floor and left. The waitress never knew that my eggs were waaayyy over cooked. I gave her a $3.50 tip for my $8 bill. I hope it made up for the tip the bratty hash brown lady neglected to leave.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

This entire post reminds me how much I lurve you.

~Kara~ said...

When can you bring that little baby doll down here so she can play with her southern cousins?? ;)