Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm Not Buying What You're Selling...

Everyone rejoice!! The FDA has declared it's OK to eat tomatoes again - but to still avoid hot peppers, jalapenos and serranos. I'm uncomfortable with the fact they still don't know the cause of the salmonella outbreak and can't locate the original contamination point... even after 1200+ peeps in 42 states have become ill, several ended up losing their lives!


If they can't figure out the cause of the salmonella, then I can't figure out why they think I'm such an idiot to run out and eat them! I am still steering clear of raw tomatoes. I did of course partake in Jardin salsa last night, but their salsa is so damn good it's worth getting sick. I hope.

1 comment:

Annemarie said...

What? We weren't supposed to be eating tomatoes?? :) Just kidding...I totally knew that....but I didn't listen. Food just isn't the same without tomatoes. I'm glad "they" said it's OK again.