Monday, July 21, 2008

Moms Gone Wild :)

I am so glad the girls invited me for the overnight this year. The trip turned out to be very memorable. Most of the memories will remain just that, and will not be shared with my reading audience for several different reasons. :) In our case, what happened in Horseshoe Bay will stay...... you get the drift. There were 12 of us, 3 of the 12 are pregnant. God love 'em for putting up with us loud mouth drinkers. There's nothing worse than being pregnant and going out with non-pregnant peeps, you just end up hating all of them for having a great time while you sulk- since pregnancy denies you of any and all alcohol related fun, and instead you find yourself stuck with serious fatigue and major irritability and gas that rivals your husbands... But our preggos had a relaxing weekend sipping cold beverages and resting comfortably. Perfect conditions for pregnancy.

There are multiple pools at the resort and on Saturday morning and afternoon we hung at the one that offered some lake front fun, too.


We enjoyed lunch then jumped in the lake to play around. And when I say jumped, I mean very carefully lowered ourselves off of a rock wall into the water only to find sharp rocks and biting fish. Gretchen and I played a game of White Porpoise and in the mist of my porpoise roll, I lost my sunglasses and emerged from the water with a totally insane neck spasm... which sent me into a complete fury of panic and I was sure I'd drown, then realized the water was like 4 feet deep and I could stand. All was well again, after Gretchen somehow found my shades and took care of my spasming neck. She was awesome!



(Katie, Brandey, Kristin, Brittany, Rachel, Marisa, *Me, Lindsay, Brenda)

*note my sweet 'horseshoe' shades, they came in handy and I just might wear them around town here. Uh - maybe not cuz that would be retarded and people would totally laugh in my face. So no, never mind.
GOOOO TEAM!


Drink in one hand, camera in the other.


We're all shook up, uuhh wuuhh huh.


After an afternoon of sun, swimming and adult beverages it was time to return to the room and chill a bit before getting ready for dinner.

Mmm, those pomegranate shots you made Brandy were soooo good...um, not so much.

Perhaps it was the jumping on the bed that rattled your ability to get the portions of alcohol vs. juice right. ;)


There was a lot of loud music, dancing, and hilarious antics before dinner time. Not to mention drinking. We did a bit of that as well.

Lindsay took a turn with the horseshoe shades and Kristin seemed to have her own opinion of them...



Dinner time arrived and we met the preggos at the table.
What beautiful baby mommas!



Dinner at Lantana


Thank God I didn't get the $34 frozen margarita, because this was the $8 one and it sucked. Lake LBJ tasted better.




Dinner ended fairly early and it just so happened, a Karaoke bar was just down the street. We walked in and it was as if all noise ceased to exist and only crickets and wind were audible. This place was HILARIOUS. We were the youngest by at least 25 years. Once we figured out they probably don't have our type of crowd often, we totally let loose and sang and danced the night away!


Kristin rocked the joint! Ooooooohhhh barra barracuda.



YeeHaw! Brenda & Gretchen two-step!


Brittany sang some Bonnie Tyler! She's good!


Brandy, you're a fine girl" (you're a fiiiiine girl)"What a good wife you would be" (such a fiiiiiine girl) LOVED IT!!!


Gretch and I were Born To Fly... we were wonderful performers - proving our singing passion to the audience with our closed eyes.


Rachel & Lindsay belted out a little Patsy Cline :)


Jim Bob over yonder on the right cracked us up!

If only Jim Bob's legs worked... he could have mosied on up to sing with Rachel.

I took a moment from the fun to challenge myself to a little game of 'Mullet Hunt.'

It wasn't long before I caught one.

And OMG he had the perfect shirt to go along with it, and the perfect W.T. wife complete with a broken arm! (I know he beats me, but he loves me, ya'll!)

We all stroked it to the north, stroked it to the south, stroked it to the east and west. By far, Rachel had the best time 'Strokin'! ;)

On the way back to the hotel from a priceless evening out, Rachel and Lindsay took a dip in the pool. The pool that had closed it's gates hours prior. Love it!!!


The weekend was so great, thank you girls for the invite and letting me be a part of your fun. Cheers!

No comments: