Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ohio!

Weer'e baaaackk. We wish we were still there, however. The weather was the #1 thing we enjoyed the most, aside from seeing everyone of course. :) 80 degrees and breezy during the day, cool and still at night. Loverly. Ok, so this recap of our trip could be like 800 pages, so I've kept it short.
The scenery in Bainbridge/Chagrin Falls is so relaxing and beautiful. Everywhere you look there are enormous trees, manicured lush green grass ~ green!

We don't have much green going on here... we have mostly green with a brownish hue. The word hue is cute. Say it with me... hue.

We arrived Tuesday p.m. It was nice to finally land in Cleveland as Grace had a bit of a 'situation' in the air... I'm calling it a situation instead of a complete f-ing nightmare temper tantrum. 'Situation' sounds somewhat calm and less chaotic. It lasted exactly 30 minutes and a long, deep sleep followed. She woke up to us exiting the plane.

(I'll rip your head off if you wake this baby)

Ava had a great time, watched a movie and ate her little bag-o-pretzels.


Terry's family is large, even though mine is pretty big, on both sides, his beats ours out in the size category by a long shot. Terry has 13 nieces and nephews and if my math is correct, all of them attended but two. Age range from youngest at 14 months to 18. All of them stayed at the house and there were plenty of teenagers around to laugh at Uncle Terry's jokes and egg him on and on and on and on...and on. :)




The next few days the family trickled in and everyone had fun relaxing at the pool, playing Wii, chasing babies and lots lots of eating. Nick had a graduation party on Saturday afternoon, and we had a Talent Show ... Ava participated, holding the American flag and reciting the pledge of allegiance, her cousins sang songs, played guitar, and Terry (Country Toby) put on a comedy bit that was hilarious!


Terry's mom Rosemary














Whiffle Ball!
Jump rope!

Ava & Ella - two peas in a pod

On the way to the duck pond at Aurora Farms

Max, Ava & Tim















Cruisin in Andy's Porche














Bonfire & smores - mmmm

WHEE! Blanket rides!

Fun in the Sun!





Our love is like a roller coaster baby baby! One of the mornings Terry and I took off and hopped in the car to drive to Sandusky for a day of fun at Cedar Point. The last time I was there was with my dad (over 17 years ago!) and we had the time of our lives riding roller coasters. We played all afternoon like crazy kids and our most difficult decisions of the day came when we had to decide whether to ride in the front or the back each time. Not sure how we made it thru the day, I tell ya. ;) One quick story: The last ride we took was on Top Thrill Dragster, this thing is flippin' I-N-S-A-N-E. Not for the faint of heart that's 'fo sho. The ride takes off straight, 150 mph, then you head UP 90 degrees, straight up in the air. Barf. Then you crest at the top and head down. STRAIGHT DOWN. There are no shoulder bars on this ride, just a damned lap bar. I knew I would die. I tried to hold Terry's hand on the way up but let go and held onto the only other thing available, nothing. I didn't die, but ended up dying from embarrassment, sort of. You see, the G-forces on the ride were so powerful it pulled the tank top I was wearing completely off. Yes. I was quite surprised too. I looked down and all I saw, as well as every other rider waiting their turn, was my bra. The wind took it all the way off my shoulders and down to my waist. After the ride we ran to the picture area and found the one of us on the very front row... and OMG it was hilarious! People were looking and pointing and I knew we had to have this picture, what a fun story... except the guy who was there selling the photo packages was sternly told by his dumb ass manager they were 'not authorized to sell that particular photo.' Prudes.

Click here for all of the pics!

2 comments:

Beankountess said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Lots of great memories to add to your collection!

Glad you are back in Austin!!

Katie said...

Happy to hear that you all had a great time up in Ohio. We will be enjoying that weather soon in England. We leave on the 18th, we cant wait!!