Friday, April 18, 2008

Word of the Day

What's the word of the day today? QUEASY

Have you all been to Bush's chicken? I stopped by there to grab a quick and healthy (ha) lunch for me and Ava loo. I got my usual - 2 pc. dark meat meal, It was my first time at Bush's but whatever the chicken serving locale, I always get the 2 pc. dark meat meal. That's my thing. I came home and divvied up Ava's portion and my portion. Sat down and bit right into my piping hot chicken leg. I was startled when just as my teeth pierced the meat, scalding hot chicken liquid shot right onto the middle of my forehead, and into, YES INTO my right eye. Stunned, and trying to blink out the boiling hot chicken liquid I suddenly became QUEASY. There's the word of the day, used in a sentence for you. I became QUEASY because shortly after I wiped off my forehead and blotted my eyeball, I realized that a chicken's jugular vein must be located in its leg. This really disgustingly thick blue vein was dangling from the bone and hot chicken liquid was continuing to drizzle out of it. Say it with me: Queasy.
I've eaten my share of fried chicken, but never have I come across a chicken vein so large and totally I don't even want to continue describing it because that's just dirty.

Sorry if you were eating lunch.


Perhaps a bowl of Frosted Flakes will set me right again.

2 comments:

Annemarie said...

QUEASY! There, I said it. Although, I might say G-R-O-double-S!!!! But, I love the picture of Ava with the drink cup....too freaking cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely dying!!!!! I have tears rolling down my face and Annemarie is telling me to breathe because I am laughing so hard!!! Love it! Thank you for making my day, Laura