Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Q & A for today

Question: How can you not love 15 bean soup!? There are 15 amazingly unique beans to savor and enjoy in every delicious serving! I mean come on!

I will give you my personal answer to this question: I CAN'T.

I simply cannot enjoy this soup knowing there is one bean in particular that I'm sure all of the other beans hate having to be associated with. The terribly disgusting and ugly white chickpea. Why is this damn bean amongst all others in this package? Nobody enjoys crunchy, ugly, starchy, gritty beans! Seriously!

Dear HamBeen's Corporation:

Effective immediately: Take the collection of dirty white chick peas out of your Hurst 15 Bean Soup package and re-name it 14 Bean Soup. More people will purchase your product if you do that. I made this soup last night and just finished a bowl for lunch, and what do you know... there were 7 dirty, crunchy, ugly, gritty little useless white chick peas at the bottom of my bowl. What's with the insides of these things anyway? What you should do is include an individually wrapped toothbrush inside the package, because now I am left with gross gritty residue in my mouth after attempting to chew the stupid things. I dumped my bowl down my kitchen sink and I swear they dulled my garbage disposal. How do they not soften when you boil them for 3 hours for God's sake?

Dirty bean.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be thanking Hurst.
It's not all about flavor, chick peas are great for your colon.

~Kara~ said...

Nope. Don't agree. For me, it's all about flavor. If I want great colon health, I'll eat my beloved Frosted Flakes. Flavorful AND colon friendly.

Jenni said...

Did you know that John Harvey Kellogg, who started the Kellogg Cereal company wrote the massage therapy book I was tested on for state board? Well, he did. And he went on vacation and his brother put sugar in the corn flakes and made Frosted Flakes and they never spoke again. Then JH Kellogg left and started a sanitarium where he believed a good enema could cure all your ailments. Go figure.