Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Someone's at the door for you Honey!

Ok. So. One quick fact about the workings of our marriage: We keep it light hearted and funny, most of the time. One of the things Terry and I do is ring our doorbell when the other does something really stupid, or idiotic, those are the same thing, but you get my drift. As if to say "DING DONG, YOU IDIOT, LOOK WHAT YOU DID, HOW STUPID AND RETARDED AND OMG YOU ARE A LOSER!" That game makes us happy. Aren't we sweet?

Here's an example ~ to give you an idea: It was dinner time and I looked in the cabinet next to the stove for the salt and pepper to season our meals. If any of you Toni, you know that the salt and pepper belong together at all times, they are not to be separated. Ever. Well, we agree and that holds true most of the time in our house, but holy cow, when I opened the cabinet, Salt and Pepper were not present. They were absent. I glanced around the kitchen, nope, not on the counter, not on the table, what the frick? Where could they be hiding? I forget about finding Salt and Pepper and decide to focus on something more important like making Ava dinner. I grab a cup from the cabinet and reach for the milk off the top shelf in the fridge. Good God, instead seeing the milk, I see the Salt and Pepper sitting next to the milk. I quickly grabbed them out of the fridge and shut the door. Turning around slowly, with them hidden by my shirt, I was praying Terry wasn't watching me. OH DAMN. There he was with that damn smirk on his face ~ He'd seen the whole thing. He rolled his eyes and went running for the doorbell. DING FRICKEN DONG. I'm an idiot with no brain. Who puts the Salt and Pepper in the fridge? (that's a whole other story, evidently, Terry thinks my brain melted when I gave birth the first time and to his defense, I do some pretty dingy things now and then. Most new moms will agree that happens, it's called Baby Brain. The baby took my brain.)

That is the gist of why we ring-a-ling the doorbell on each other. It's fun. To us. We are weird, don't hate.

The point of this whole thing: Terry came home from work yesterday and told me the most EMBARRASSING story of all time. He did something so flipping retarded and unbelievable, and OMG I totally ran to the door and DING DONGED his ass, then ran to the computer to BLOG ALL ABOUT IT. He knew where I was headed, and basically tackled me in the hallway and swore me to secrecy... I'm sure he's been sweating thru this whole post wondering if I have the balls to tell his 'TOTALLY EMBARRASSING, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THAT' story. Honey, I love you and I will keep it a secret. Until me and the girls go out this Saturday night and I have two drinks, then it just might slip out.

5 comments:

Annemarie said...

OMG - I totally just laughed out loud so hard at that....and cannot WAIT until Saturday night....even more now! :) Hee hee!!

Beankountess said...

Rama Lama Ding Dong!!!

Yes, the salt and pepper are married. You never pass just one - you pass them together!

I think owe you a couple shots on Saturday! ***evil laugh***

~Kara~ said...

Yay! Shots! Fun! Whee! Stories! Yay!

The Gath Family said...

Hey Kara! Been reading this blog, and you crack me up. I love that you guys do this! -Lindsay

~Kara~ said...

Thanks Lindsay! I have yours bookmarked now, too ! Hope you are well and enjoying your little girl! Aren't they the BEST? ;)