Monday, April 28, 2008

5 Years as MR. & MRS.


Saturday was our 5 year wedding anniversary. I really cannot believe it's been 5 years, seems like yesterday we were standing at the alter gazing into each others' eyes and saying our I DO's. I'm sappy this morning. Maybe it's the quiet time I'm experiencing right now, as both girls are busy and I have a moment to get away and sip my creamy coffee in private. And not have to re-warm it a dozen times before I'm finished with the first cup. That's a rarity. Right now I'm listening to occasional giggling and hands slapping on a coffee table. I'll take it!

Okay, so Saturday was our big anny. In the next week or two, we are taking an overnight trip to relax with just one another and do... n.o.t.h.i.n.g. Except enjoy each other's company, maybe take a, CAN I EVEN TYPE IT? A nap. Just chill out, relax and have a good time, without two toddlers running circles around us. By Golly, what will we do with ourselves?!

I keep blabbing. Onto Saturday night. We decided to try a sort of new sushi restaurant in the Arboretum, Kenobi. Kenobi used to be Dan McKlusky's back in the day and that is where Terry and I had our first date! 9 years ago. I remember what he wore and what we ate. Beautiful memories. :) No more blabbing. Annemarie moved into a new place last week, and since we are never out and about without the our children, we wanted to check it out before dinner. We arrived and scoped out the new casa, Toni was there and her and Annemarie were planning on dining at the same restaurant! We decided to all go together! They were there to celebrate our big day 5 years ago, and why not?! Terry and I can have romance and private talk at a bazillion places besides a table in a restaurant, so that was that. We had a great time, tons of laughs, as always, and tons of pictures. Both Annemarie and Toni ordered me and T an 'anniversary dessert' which both arrived at separate times and one with a sparkler! Fun! The sushi was wonderful (we still can't find another place that tops Mikado for our sushi desires, but this place was a close 2nd.) Good times, happy celebrations all around!

Here are some pics-n-such:

The drinks were delicious, as you can tell...



2 comments:

Beankountess said...

Thanks for sharing your evening with us. I had a lot of fun!

I'm never watching America's Next Top Model before I go out again. Tyra would not be proud!!

Annemarie said...

I love you guys..............to be there on the magical day where Terry sang to his bride, and on the 5 year celebration, is special. Thank you for being you guys! :) xoxo!!