Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Feel Like I'm Taking Crazy Pills

If I had enough energy, I would log onto Thesaurus.com to adequately describe just how crappy I feel, but I'm so out of it I can only use the small words already in my brain. And they are now all jumbled together because I'm taking DayQuil and you all know what happened the last time I took it.

After the girls were born, I was given hydrocodone for pain. I cracked up when I saw the dosage information on my pill bottle. Take 1 or 2 pills every 4 hours. Yea. OK.

The first night home with Ava was insane. My wahoo felt like mack trucks had been driving in and out of it for dayyyys. Not pleasant. So, I found my pill bottle and swallowed 2 hydrocodone. Within 15 minutes, I was the Mayor of Crazy Town. While my mom and Terry were on the couch watching Monster-In-Law, I was staring into space, with my heart beating a bazillion miles a minute. If I hadn't told my mom that I thought I was having a terrible reaction to this medicine, and allowed her to tuck me in to help sleep it off, I would have stapled fairy wings to my shoulders and attempted to fly off my roof.

I've stayed away from hydrocodone ever since. Probably a good idea.

1 comment:

All About the Arredondos said...

ok so I just cried from laughing so hard that my husband took the laptop since I couldn't finish reading this post to him myself...he enjoys your blogs too, but noone appreciates them like I do!!