Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tonight's Winning Lotto Numbers Are....

not mine.

Every damn time. Why is it I feel like I've won even before the numbers have even been announced? It's not fair that the lottery lets you skip all jolly-like out of the gas station with your crisp lotto ticket in hand, hop into you car and imagine on the drive home how shiny and sparkly your life will be when all 6 of your numbers are called.

I always know I've won when I buy my ticket. I can feel it. Then I wake up bright and early, log onto the computer and find out not one of my damn numbers match. I always email Terry and tell him we didn't win. As if he assumed we did win and I'm just sittin' at home... drinkin' some coffee... takin' the girls to a play date and waitin' until 5:45 to let him in on my 25 million dollar secret. Uh. No. I'd probably spazz out and faint at the computer and as I'm falling out of my chair notice my coffee is coming down with me and omg! it spilled all over my ticket and now it's ruined and we have no proof and I've knocked myself out and wake up to Joey performing mouth to mouth because he loves me that much.

Maybe not that particular scenario but I'm sure I would do something dramatic if I did have 6 matching numbers. Like pay full price on stuff. Or not lie when we go to bouncy land and say Grace is really 16 months instead of 'just shy of a year'. But I get that from my dad, he always made me stand on his shoes to become a tad taller to get onto roller coasters I was WAY TOO LITTLE for, and tell me to say I was 10 when I was like 16 to get a free kids meal.
It didn't hurt that I looked about 10 years old when I was 16.

I'll buy a couple of tickets this Saturday and you bet your boots I will fly onto the computer in the morning to check my numbers. I'll have my trusty pink marker in hand waiting to circle all my matches. Then I'll drag myself into the kitchen to tell Terry we didn't win. Again.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I still get so pissed that my parents never won the lottery.