Sunday, September 7, 2008

Yes. But There's a Crack. RIGHT HERE.

I frequent a certain children's consignment store and am there all the time. We are blessed with two healthy children and have pretty much decided two is our lucky number. With that being said, clothes/shoes/toys/equipment/crap I have from the girls is slowly starting to trickle out of the house. I've donated a ton of stuff and given some away to friends, and instead of piling everything else into a boxes or bags to drop off at Goodwill, I am trying to consign the nice stuff.


So, yesterday I was at the store to pick up the remaining items I'd dropped off for consignment, and found they'd 'passed' on a few of my items. I found myself feeling a tad bitter about WHY they passed on them. Knowing the store is at least 300% over capacity, yet insanely organized, I felt somewhat snubbed that my cute little blue hippo walker was not added to their inventory! It's in immaculate condition... but it now included a look-at-me, neon pink post-it telling the world it wasn't not good enough to be re-sold. Also included in the bag of not-good-enough items included two perfectly new pairs of shoes and a great big boppy. I imagine they passed on the boppy due to the fact there could very well be crusty dried up breast milk or baby barf all over it. Mmmmm. But I washed it prior to dropping it off and it was covered in a gorgeous, plush, blush and bashful pink is my signature color cover.


But seriously, why is it I feel somewhat inadequate when they hand me my bag of denied items? I understand they are slammed with crap every single day and have no room and make no money off used boppy's, but come on! I need a hefty credit y'all, so I can buy some of your new hair bows that are extremely over priced but adorable atop my children's heads.


As I'm gathering my bag of denied items I notice a woman at the counter who went directly into bitch-mode when told she wouldn't receive a discount for a chair with a tiny crack down one of the legs. The bitchy lady wanted that chair like a fat kid wants cake but went ballistic on the sales person when told it is sold 'as is'. Uh. Hey Bitch... You are IN A CONSIGNMENT STORE. Everything here (besides the terribly over priced hair bows) IS USED. There's no need to flip your lid and point your dirty index finger with that weird crooked nail saying SEE, RIGHT HERE, THERE'S A CRACK. They see the crack, lady, and you're about to get cracked upside your skull if you don't hush it. I'm assuming that's what would have happened if she kept up her bitching. That didn't happen, however, she just pouted and informed the sales person, I'll pass. SINCE IT'S CRACKED.

Ooooohhh. You get 'em girl. Way to win. With you passing on that $12.99 chair, they just might go out of business this weekend.

1 comment:

All About the Arredondos said...

LOVE IT!!! Where is this amazing place? Are you willing to share yout secret of goods? :)