Tuesday, September 30, 2008

God Help Me It's Picture Day

Of COURSE I ran into some snags this morning getting Ava into her adorable outfit that I purchased solely for her pictures today. Of COURSE. It's on her, it's cute, it's colorful, she loves it. Then I pull out the large, deep container that holds her dozens of hair bows. Good God. None match. None. I couldn't find ONE to even come close to the pink she had on. Ok, it's just a bow, no biggie. Deep breath. Next... shoes. I have the perfect shoes for this outfit. But will she wear them? No. The answer is no. They hurt her heel. All of the cute shoes she owns she won't wear because they hurt her heel. Perhaps it's my DNA inside her body that tells her right foot to be a tad larger and wider than the other. Just a tad, she's not a freak of nature. But just enough of a freak of nature for the perfect pair of shoes to go back into her closet, far far away from the feet they belong on. So. Change of plans. I tear off the outfit she had on, all the while Grace is banging her forehead on the hard tile floor because she wants to be held... I run to Ava's closet and rip a dress of a hanger and pull it over her head in a huge hurry. Perfect! I know I have a bow for this! It's now on her head. Shoes! Please Lord. I don't have time for this. [Grace, PLEASE stop hitting your head on the hardest piece of furniture in this house.] The shoes for the dress go back in her closest because she won't wear them without socks. Fiiiiiine. Wear the dorkiest shoes possible with this adorable dress. I don't care. When your little 3 year old friends are at recess and you hear whispers...maybe you'll listen next time. You're a girl. A little pain is a very small price to pay to look totally cute in the most perfect picture day outfit I now bought for no reason.

I had a 10$ bill in my pocket this morning, too bad I didn't have the nerve then and slip it in the hand of the photog to take the pic from the waist up. Pics aren't until 11am... I gotta go... there's something I have to do.

2 comments:

Annemarie said...

What happened to the Ava that at one point said "It's ok that they don't fit...they look cute?!". I guess she's reached the sensible age.

BUT, don't you worry....there isn't anyway that she won't look like the little adorable cuddle bug that she is in the pictures! :)

Julie said...

Is it wrong that I'm cracking up right now? This sounds like a scene that would take place in my house and I'm just glad I'm not the only one who experiences craziness! I'm sure Ava's pictures will be adorable though!