Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sun and Sand

According to my favorite weather man Mark Murray (he's not as dramatic as Jim Spencer, who shits his pants on live TV when there's heavy rain) if it hits 100 degrees today, that will mark the 9th day of triple digits. I didn't realize it was so hot out lately, I suppose I'm used to it. Gotta love Texas. After the girls woke up this morning, I rushed to get them fed and to the park before the playground equipment spontaneously combusted. Ava thought her baby needed some fresh air coupled with dirt on her face and sand in her outfit, so she tagged along. We stopped for a picture then continued on our way.



Once at the park, the girls made a bee line for the sand. Sand is a total magnet for my kids. Sand is their BFF. Sand is not my BFF. Sand ruins my pedicure and chips my pink polish, and makes me dirty and dusty. Sand follows me home and ends up all over my changing table, carpet, and in my eyes after flinging itself out of a sock. Sand is only fun if there is an ocean nearby and I'm in a bikini under an umbrella sipping a fruity alcoholic beverage thru a curly straw.


Grace is either hula dancing or judging by the grimace on her face, the sand disgusts her.

This kids gonna bite the heads off of her Barbies'.

Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Oh man..sand. I'm feelin' ya. Ick. Always in my contacts and hours after I'm home from the beach...sand still in my teeth. Hate. It.