Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Look! No Batteries!

I have a suspicion Ava's preschool teacher thinks I'm a total bitch. I was in Ava's classroom getting her things together to head home this afternoon, and I opened up her backpack to make sure her favorite cup was inside. The cup was inside alright. So was a frickin' hand held tape recorder. My mind flooded with terrible thoughts... like that crazy mom on the news a while back who turned out to be not-so-crazy after the tape recorder she placed in her daughter's backpack recorded her teacher cussing and verbally abusing her daughter ...but I wasn't trying to record anyone - Ava plays with it here at home and must have stuck it in her pack for some reason. Maybe she wanted to do a little Q & A session with her friends on the playground, who knows. Anyway, assuming her teacher found it when she was digging in Ava's bag for a pull-up I felt obligated to run to her and explain I wasn't a weirdo and it somehow just ended up in there and LOOK! there's not even any batteries! She wasn't amused. She can't think it was for real! Right? If Ava somehow disappears off the enrollment list, I think I'll know why.

2 comments:

Beankountess said...

You should send her with a camcorder and tripod next week.

Jenni said...

LMAO! Yes! And duct tape!