Sunday, June 1, 2008

*Sex And The City*

I was not one of those die-hard Sex And The City fans. I was never totally addicted to the show when it was on, nor was I part of the weekly SATC/wine night the majority of my girlfriends were a part of. I was lucky to catch it if I remembered it was on. That doesn't mean I didn't think the show was funny and exciting. It also doesn't mean that over the last 4 years I haven't seen every episode. Great clothes, fancy jewelry, NYC, beautiful women, hot guys... it wasn't hard to convince me to see The Movie. Girlfriends everywhere got together Friday and Saturday night, dined on fancy 'hor dourves, enjoyed expensive dinners, drank the famous alcoholic beverage that the show made a house hold name, all before heading to the theater. What makes that the right way to celebrate and socialize before viewing the movie? Me and my girlfriends, for instance, did things a little differently. We dined on raw oysters, fried shrimp, and cold beer. That's the way to do it! Right girls?!

Liz, me and Amber finished dinner then were off to the new theater in Cedar Park, which btw, had the most comfortable seats on earth. Liz's friend Crystal caught up with us right after we'd purchased pickles/M&M's/popcorn/drinks/ all the goodies you need for movie watching. We made it a point to arrive well before the show started for decent seats, and decent seats there were... we were middle front center and by the time the movie started, the place was full! I'm no movie critic, and did not enter the theater with great expectations, and my review was simple. The movie was..........exceptional. I thought it was fabulously made. All 4 of us, the entire theater laughed outloud at least two dozen times, clapped, cheered, and cried just the same. It was hilariously written, it was not far fetched, which is what I was afraid of, it was real and believable. LOVE LOVED IT!

Spending time with my girlies was the best part. Thanks for the invite ladies!

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

It was a blast....but I think the more pressing question of the night....Will Amber join us on the "dirty" side???

xoxo