Friday, December 5, 2008

Let There Be Light

I was excited when Toni invited us girls to the luminary lighting of the community center in her neighborhood tonight! The weather was cold and crisp, perfect for getting us in the Christmas spirit for the weeks ahead.


It turns out Santa was in town for a meeting and Ava and Grace were able to visit with him before he took the red-nose back to the North Pole. She's seen him on TV and constantly hears me speak his name but tonight was the first formal meeting of the two. She was captivated.

Unfortunately, only by the candy cane in her mouth and not by the magical wonder two inches from her.


Outside the walk way was lit by beautiful luminaries!

We attempted the group shot.... Thank you Grace for picking Ava's nose.

Thanks ToniLoo for the invite...and for carrying all of our coats, bags, cups and licked on candy canes! :)

And last but not least, here's Ava... :)


4 comments:

Beankountess said...

I am still exhausted from this outing!
I don't think my kids will see the outside world until they 5. ;-)

I had to recover with drinks at Chuy's!
Are you guys coming over again tonight?

Annemarie said...

What a fun night...and Kara....the red-nose....you kill me! Looks like it was a great night for all! :)

Anonymous said...

The santas outfit was beautiful! ava is gonna be like terrys whole family!

Elisabeth said...

What fun!

I see a bright future in show biz for Miss Ava! So cute.