Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Single White Female

We had a knock at our door yesterday and I noticed it was Ava's BFF and soul mate 8 year old neighbor friend Katie. She handed me a birthday invitation and before I could snatch it out of her hand and whisper RUN HOME HONEY, AVA'S COMING TO THE DOOR, Ava was now at the door, standing in between me and Katie, drooling all over the fact that KATIE'S AT MY HOUSE! KATIE'S HERE! OMG! MY FRIEND! KATIE! I LOVE HER SO MUCH OMG!

She's such a sweet kid. She plays with Ava even when I'm sure she'd rather be home doing 8 year old stuff, and so not the 3 year old stuff... like drawing hopscotches all over our driveway, making chalk hearts for Ava, and writing their names together. It really is cute. Ava is in awe of everything Katie does.

There have been times when Katie's parents and Terry and I pull into our driveways at the exact same time and they actually wait for us to get into our house before they exit their vehicle. We just make eye contact with each other to signal: YES AVA SAW YOU GUYS PULL UP AND KNOWS KATIE IS IN THERE SO PLEASE KEEP HER ON THE FLOORBOARD OF YOUR TRUCK UNTIL AVA IS INSIDE WITH THE BLINDS CLOSED. Seriously. She's that in love with this little girl.

It's basically bordering on Single White Female at this point. I know to be concerned if Ava starts talking strange when they play together, saying:

Katie: "I know you weren't yourself when you did this, Ava."
Ava: "I know, I was YOU."

That might be a red flag.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Kara you are freaking hilarious!

Beankountess said...

Ava is very adult for her age. ;-)
Have fun at dance class tonight.