Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hush Little Baby Don't Say a Word

It's a rarity for Grace to wake during the night and need her Mama to help get back to sleep. Last night was one of those rare nights. What made it even more of a rarity was that she was wide awake... at 3:45am. She was grabbing my nose in the dark and yelling nooo! (nose) and patting my cheeks and slamming her face into mine to give kisses. Her eyes were as big as an owl's attempting to adjust to what little light the monitor gave off. As much as I hated being up at that hour, I almost enjoyed it. Having her bash her face against mine trying to give hugs while patting me on the back saying Maaa, Maaaa, might have made me tear up with joy if my tear ducts weren't still asleep along with the rest of my body.

After about 5 minutes of swaying back and forth with her, she yelled Laaa! Which for those of you that don't speak Grace means Light. Duh, don't you get Light from Laaa. ??? That's when I knew she was waaaay too awake to be rocked to sleep, so I just plopped her back in her crib and left the room. She sang and kicked the wall and talked to herself for almost 40 minutes until the monitor went silent.


Holding Grace in the pitch dark listening to her little mouth make cute puckery kiss sounds as she squeezed me tight makes me wish she would do this more often. How can I say no to this little toot?!!

4 comments:

Annemarie said...

I wouldn't be able to say no either.

The Gath Family said...

She's just adorable. I love being around her!

All About the Arredondos said...

sweet baby girl!! I know what you mean...those can be the sweetest moments...I told Andrew I wish I was keeping a journal of these moments and when the most precious things come out of their mouth that shock you :) Love today's post!

Jenni said...

Ooh...I'm jealous. Of the putting herself back to sleep part.