Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Can I Press REWIND or Something??

The day has arrived people! Both of my daughters are officially preschoolers. Where does the time go!? I woke up at the butt crack of dawn this morning to A. Vote (because I couldn't wait in the 2 hour line on Friday) and B. make sure everything was set for Gracie's very first day of preschool. If I feel as excited and proud as I do today, what will happen to me on their first day of Kindergarten?

I will be the mom who drives her kids crazy, gettin' all up in their biz while they are trying to act all cool the first day of school. Running 10 steps in front of them, squatting on the sidewalk taking a bazillion pictures, yelling "SMILE!" and forcing them to pose in front of the school sign....with their teachers. They are gonna love me when that day arrives.

I'm pretty much devastated knowing the last bit of 'baby stage' has officially disappeared from our home as of 9am this morning. Maybe after Grace gets home today, I will roll her up in a blanket like I did when she was newborn, you know, tucking her arms in and everything, just for one last 'baby' moment with her. Maybe I'll try to nurse her again, 13 months after weaning her ~ I'm totally kidding. I have a joke but don't feel it's appropriate at this juncture. Moving on...

Ava is proud of her little sister and reminds her all of the time she will be in the baby class. With babies.

Bye bye Baby Gracie, be a good girl for Mommy today... and if you see some crazy lady with curly hair peering into your classroom window, pretend you don't know her.

8 comments:

Julie said...

:) :( I'm sure it's sad and exciting at the same time. I'd focus on your hours of freedom with no kids because that's exciting!!! We'll have to plan lunch one day!

Beankountess said...

I bet it is weird to be home all by yourself~! PARTY!!!!

Jenni said...

I'm very proud of you, mama. You're such a big girl! xoxo

Unknown said...

Aww..she precious and so are you Mom! I really hope you are OK. Pretty soon you are going to loooove that free time!

Peace - Rene

Anonymous said...

If she's anything like Kylie, she pushed you out the door and didn't want to leave at the end of the day! It gets better... believe it! :)

The Gath Family said...

How cute!! I hope you had a good few hours alone today! :)

Annemarie said...

Be sure to not forget your friends in all your free time...I see lots of Tuesday/Thursday lunchies in our future!! Glad you called me for breakfast this morning...the International Crepe Passport really hit the spot! :)

All About the Arredondos said...

It is amazing how fast they grow up...soon they will be driving...Ok, I will stop, that is depressing