Monday, November 17, 2008

Abra-Cadabra I Wanna Reach Out and Grab Ya

After checking the yellow pages under W for witch doctor and not finding anything, I've made up my mind about something. I need that native American Indian man from last weeks Grey's Anatomy to walk his long hair and wise words into my home and help rid us of our bad luck. He can do a good-vibe dance or sprinkle some good luck dust, whatever he wants, but something has to be done. In the last 9 months we've had a string of crazy, very unexpected events take place.
Untimely events.
Expensive events.
Painful events.


So, imagine the new year beginning and making your new year's resolutions and planning on a great year...January arrives and BAM! All four of your wisdom teeth are in a race to see who can beat the others in shoving their way out of your swollen bleeding gums. No biggie you say... lots of peeps have their wisdom teeth removed. Ok, so we will move to February. BAM! After 12 days of gut wrenching pain and wondering if it's just period cramping or a pulled muscle, you drive to the emergency room at midnight to find out your appendix has in fact, exploded. Now you have an answer to the whole terrible, nauseating, side pain thing. Ok, no biggie. Lots of people have their appendix rupture and removed. Fast forward to May. BAM! Your sprain your back and are out of commission for a week. With two tiny kids pulling and tugging at you and crying to be held. So what... lots of people throw their backs out. Onto October. BAM! You have a vasectomy. That was actually planned and doesn't really count in the whole terrible-things-happening events list, but I wanted to throw it in there because, BAM! You experience a hot piercing, stinging pain, and during the follow-up appointment for the Big V, you find out you have a hernia. And of course it's not the kind that can be fixed via an easy painless laparoscopy, but the more painful, and crappy 2 week recovery kind. Good stuff!

So between me and Terry ~ we have enough bad luck to spread around to everyone. Enter our home at your own risk.

4 comments:

Annemarie said...

I don't know anyone that could have handled all the drama with such grace as you have. Next year you're due a little good luck! :) I'll come over then.....hee hee.

Unknown said...

Da-yuhm girl!!! Who needs a drink?

Peace - Rene

2009 has got to be fine ( just keep repeating)

Beankountess said...

I guess I read your blog to late last night.

The only thing that was going through my head was that silly song... Abra, Abra-Cadabra!!

At least for a good hour. I had to get up and take some Benadryl so I could fall asleep!

Jenni said...

Oh noes. I hope my sucky rotten luck hasn't rubbed off on you guys via the Interwebs. :(

Hernias are no fun. No fun at all. Big soft non-hurty hug to T from me, please.