Wednesday, February 11, 2009

For God's Sake, Are You Serious?

I actually got out of bed tonight to come to the computer and type this. It's bothering me that much. The more and more I think about it, the more and more I want to replay how today went down.

Sometimes the girls get restless during the day and when they get sick of playing dress up or finger painting, they need to get out of the house for some fresh air. I'm talking about my kids, not my boobs, just to clarify. I go to the same park at least 3x a week. It's one of the few parks that is so big I can actually sit on a bench for longer than 3 minutes without having to corral Grace back into the park, most are so small. She's a runner, Grace. Runs like Forest. With her arms flailing and hair blowing. (Similar to what I look like roller skating, I'm still getting shit from you people for posting that.) I'm sitting on a bench and I hear a loud mouth man blabbing to some woman about shit I wasn't able to even understand because I was so focused on how LOUD he was talking. He makes it clear in a loud mouth manner that his daughter, who is now standing next to me eyeing my nilla wafers, needs to go back near him, and stop staring at the lady with the cookies. She ignores him, so he and the woman get up and head my direction. They ask if they can sit with me and after a couple of minutes, I ask the guy "So, do you come here often?" (I thought it was hysterical.) He did too, cuz I got a good laugh out of the guy. I NOW know it's because he was sloppy drunk off of sake he'd been drinking out a fucking plastic Dixie cup all afternoon. Not the big ones your kids use to rinse their mouth out after brushing their teeth, but the teeny weenie ones, that you put ketchup in at McDonald's. ?? He gushed about how he loved this particular park too, it was his 'drinking park'. WTF?!

We introduced our kids who were now playing together. He reaches down into an orange cooler and the moment I saw the black sake bottle, I kind of stared at him, like... is this a 20/20: What Would You Do sting? We are at a park. With kids. With HIS kids. It's 2:10 in the afternoon that's just effed up. He saw something else in my stare, because then he offered me some. After learning his wife is the one that works, and he's the stay at home dad, the girl who was with him - whom he referred to as his 'axillary wife' pulled out another Dixie cup. After I scanned the entire park for a camera crew and John QuiƱones, I realized these two jackasses were for real. They both had kids playing 3 feet in front of them! They were blitzed. I glanced away from them and Grace was no where to be found. I stood up. Looked left. Looked right. My heart began to thump and I got hot and ran over to the little girl she was playing with 10 seconds before. She had no clue. I checked the parking lot, I checked the street, I panicked, tears started forming and just before I took off into a full on run to scream at the other moms around me to look for the little girl in the flowery shirt, the drunk bastard yells "there she is!!" Playing with a shovel in the sand 40 feet away. I scooped her up and just squeezed. Squoze. Is it squeezed or squozed? I hugged that little turd so tight. Drunk Bastard saw I had panicked and shrugged it off with a laugh and said "don't you hate having those? Those 30 seconds when you can't find your kid?" WUT?! Like it happens all the time??!?! LISTEN DILLWEED!! Maybe if you weren't piss drunk in the middle of the afternoon from gulping sake at a park, and watching your kids instead, you wouldn't have so many of those Scary 30 Seconds you hate so much! omfg! Total pinhead, this guy.

I'm disappointed in myself. I watch those 20/20 episodes where 'actors' are on a date and the guy drops a pill in the girls drink, then they wait to see what bystander, if anyone, will say something. I always scream at the TV, saying I would have TOTALLY said something in a situation like that! But now... not so much. Giving myself a little bit of credit for keeping my big mouth shut, he did pull his kids on his bike to the park. But, that doesn't mean you can't endanger your kids' lives cuz you aren't 'behind the wheel'. Since he was an obnoxiously loud blabber mouth, and told me everything about himself, I knew where he lived, and clocked it on my way home. Over 3 miles. Past 2 major intersections. Dillweed.

4 comments:

Annemarie said...

I don't even know what to say....I do enjoy your storytelling...but that is just scary.

Marisa said...

Wow...That story leaves me speechless...WOW! I can't believe that happened.

I'm so glad that you found Grace safe and sound.

BTW...where is this park?

Lindsay G said...

I am baffled by the dillweed. I so with John Quinones had showed up. I love your story, and I bet it was a site to see, to say the least!

Jenni said...

Dillweed is my favorite insult. I find myself having to say it a lot.