Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lucky Stars

Terry and I met 10 years ago today, at Trudy's. I was with two girlfriends, we were out for drinks, and were sitting upstairs having mexi martinis. I remember glancing thru the glass down toward the front entrance and seeing him walk in. He wore a dark blue dress shirt. I remember thinking he was cute and mentioning him to my friends. A few moments later, he entered the upstairs lounge and he and the friend he was with walked toward us. We were sitting on a couch, all three of us girls, and an empty couch was directly in front of us... after a funny come-on line, Terry and his friend sat down on that couch... looking to talk to us. Terry and I had an immediate connection, and talked for the rest of the evening. When us girls were ready to leave, he walked us downstairs and outside. I said goodbye to my girlfriends and Terry walked me to my car. 10 years later, we are married with two daughters. I thank my lucky stars he stopped in for a beer after work with his friend that night. I simply love him to bits.

He took me to dinner Thursday to celebrate. What I would give for a picture of us that night at
Trudy's.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

KARA! I cannot BELIEVE you were without your camera that night! I'm disappointed.

By the way, my verification word is "hubbend." Coincidence? Me thinks not.

Elisabeth said...

Congratulations! Here's to many many many more years. =)

BTW - my verification word is "coquoust" just so you know. ;)