Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Ranch & Opal's with Toni

Yesterday afternoon me and the girls drove out to spend some time at my Aunt's ranch. She is out of town but had an appointment with a farrier to spruce up Dandy's hooves, and we were there to let him in and watch him work. Ava watched him scrape and dig into his hooves and asked a bazillion questions while Grace ran around the barn getting into anything and everything she could... including picking up 2 different types of animal crap, holding it out in front of her asking "what's datt?"


We hung out a while after the guy left and they played while I snapped pics.

They love Diane's piano and play together every time we visit. Tilly is the smallest grown cat on this planet and has a very faint, airy meow. I always try to fit her in my bag when we leave but she always wiggles her way free from my grasp.

Cactus the goat had his head stuck thru the fence and Grace was so excited he couldn't get away and was so willing to talk to her. They had an interesting conversation. It went something like this:

Cactus: "Bleeeeattt" (Pull my damn head out of this damn fence.")

Grace: "What's Datt?"

After we got home I did my best to cover up the Farm Smell that stuck to my body by overly- spritzing with perfume. I then left and met Toni at Opal's for some tasty beverages and fun girl talk. We ate dinner and chitty chatted. Neither of us had been to this particular location and made plans to make it back soon for a Sunday Brunch and carafes of Mimosa's.
Say it with me... Mmmmm.

Good times Toni! :) xoxo

3 comments:

Annemarie said...

Cute cute cute pics of the girls....how in the world did that animal get his head out of that fence?? Yikes!

Looks like fun at Opal's. I really miss you girls. Can't wait to see you when I get back!! :)

All About the Arredondos said...

I am so jealous!! Thought about you girls the whole time thinking, "They are having so much fun right now and I want to go!" I am for sure in the next time!!

Beankountess said...

We had a good time and it so close.
When AP gets back the 4 of us need to get together.