Thursday, May 7, 2009

Why Can't Anyone Hear Me?

I have no voice. It just isn't working. I try to speak, but only the last syllable of every other word is audible. Which is SO DAMN FRUSTRATING when I attempt to yell at a 2 year old to stop backhanding her 3 year-old sister and neither of them can hear me. I try to yell louder which shoves my voice up about 6 octaves and then it's completely inaudible. I could get off my ass to discipline my children and supervise the mandatory "I'm sorries" but instead, I keep my ass where it is and end up ignoring the fight-club going on in the living room. So now Ava has a small Gracie-sized hand print across her cheek and I feel guilty.


I gave Ava a cute little ice pack for her face and I gave myself a Bacardi razz and sprite with a fresh plump raspberry floating around in it. I don't think I like the tiny hairs on the raspberry. They are grossing me out. What are they for? They look like teeny weeny curly splinters. After about 3 more of these I will feel better. A lot better.

3 comments:

COLEEN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coleen said...

I had the same thing happen to me and I could not speak for 2 weeks...it was mighty quiet at the Wilhelm household.....

Brandee T. said...

Hope you get to feeling better. Sounds like my house exactly!!!! Kennedy always beats up Brooklynn. Just think if we ever got them together......poor Ava and Brooklynn would get their butts whooped together.