Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I Will Not Lose My Patience. I Will Not Lose My Patience. I Will Not Lose My Patience.

Tell me the moon has been full for the last 5 days. Tell me the planets somehow got thrown off course. Explain to me WHAT THE FIZZLE IS GOING ON because something has gone terribly awry and me no likee one bit. I can't quite put my finger on when or why it happened, but holy sweet juniper, it did. Grace has slipped out of the feisty-but-cute, head tilting while smiling, adorable little toddler phase and jumped head first into If you come any closer Mommy, I'll bite your leg, and THIS TIME, I'll draw blood, phase. What the french?!

I've been lucky thus far to have escaped any tantrums from when Ava was a wee one, but I've now had a taste of a tantrum or two, and that shit tastes bad. Real bad. I kind of laughed when I heard about that father dropping off all of his 9 kids at a Nebraska hospital under the Safe Haven law... but now...Um...Hmmm... I live .05 miles from a hospital and let's just say I make Terry hide my car keys every night. :)


I'm an angel. I swear.

5 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Stick it out...it will be worth it. I swear - I read your posts and it is identical to my sister (Grace) and I (Ava) as children.

She's so cute too! That makes it even worse because I bet she knows it!

Anonymous said...

You better watch out....those little teeth look sharp!!! :)

Beankountess said...

I'll take her from you and you can have Olive. ;-)

JakesMom31 said...

Jake had tantrums to the point that I even called the pedi once. He did this thing where he held his breath so long that his face would turn blue and he would almost pass out. It.was.awful.

Thankfully, he has stopped doing that, but now he has all of the attitude.

I pray every night that Delaney has a more even temperament.

It's all about drinking in the middle of the day .... Sippy cups aren't see through, no one will ever know.

Jenni said...

I'm pretty sure she saw the Chucky comparison and is rebelling.

Best of luck.

Good thing she so stinkin' cute.