Saturday, August 21, 2010

Little Miss Fickle

Every once in a while I stumble upon a certain remark or quip I say that infuriates Grace beyond belief.

Example #1:

Grace: "Don't bodder me. I'm not in a dood mood."
Me: "Oh Honey, you're just tired."
Grace: (head spinning around like little Regan on the Exorcist) "NO I NOT! I NOT TIRED MOM!!"

After an entire day at the pool, running errands, no nap, scorching triple digit heat, my girls will insist they aren't tired. They might be complete emotional wrecks, complaining and arguing, but "Mom! We are NOT tired!" For some reason it's something they refuse to admit.

You bet your ass they are tired. You bet your ass I'm tired!

Both Ava and Grace are pretty emotional, but Grace takes the cake in that department. She takes two cakes actually. Poor thing will cry at the drop of a hat. Terry calls her his Little Teacup. She's fragile and easily breakable. If we look at her wrong, she'll just fall apart...and usually, her emotions are at their peak after a bath. During a bath actually, she starts the meltdown process. I have no idea what it is with bath time, but I don't remember a day when she exited the tub without an attitude. It starts with "We wanna teep playing, no washing yet!" Then comes the "I don't like being wet!!" What is she, a cat?? What kid doesn't like getting wet?! Then it's "I'm told!" Then (while flailing on the floor, dripping wet and stark naked) it's "Why you not dressing me?? I'm feezing"!

Ah. Yes. Bath time. It's super fun.

Example # 2:



I'm a little teacup, short and stout,
Here is my attitude and this is how I pout.

When I get all pissed off you better look out,
Ask if I'm in a bad mood and I WILL SHOUT.

-Grace

No comments: