Saturday, May 15, 2010

Useless and Exciting Bits-O-Info

Terry and I hit up Target today to search for a portable DVD player with dual screens for the girls. We found one on sale. Perfect. The Hungover Teenager... excuse me... The Target Associate, dilly dallied his way over toward us to remove it from the locked cabinet. We opened it, checked it out then decided that's the one we wanted. Then I remembered seeing something a couple of  years ago about an iPhone app that reads bar codes. I found the app on my phone and downloaded it. I scanned the bar code on the DVD thing and a plethora of information popped up in front of my very eyes.

OMG YA'LL.

Was I the last person on the planet to use this app? Where was I when the most awesomest, most totally rad bar code scanner app thing was all the rage??! Never mind you: Words With Friends, you're so boring compared to my new totally awesome Waste Of Time!

You guys, I'm like a BAR CODE BANDIT! Bandita! I mean. Cuz I'm a girl.

I came home and started scanning. I couldn't stop! I scanned the new lingerie I just bought for a girlfriend, and saw how much it was and where I could purchase it...even though I had just bought it and had the receipt in my back pocket.

I scanned the Pringle can in our pantry. I ran over to Terry to show him how it gave me a COMPLETE LISTING OF INGREDIENTS ETC., he rolled his eyes and peered around me to continue watching golf was just as amazed as I was!

I scanned our milk! And picture frames! And some unopened socks in my sock drawer! I'm addicted!

I scanned Slippers! Because she's a little bitch. And because I wanna know how much she's worth. I'll need to know that when I'm forced to decide if I will pay for surgery to remove that damn, green plastic leaf next to her left paw, that I know she's going to eat after I walk out of the room. And it will get all tangled up inside her intestine, just like the damn string I paid to remove from her flabby fat-sack, four years ago. Little Bitch.


Oh! And I scanned a book from Ava's room, cuz it had a bar code.


And a caricature of the girls on Halloween. They don't have a bar code. They are just super-cute and I wanted to rub in your face. Although contrary to the artist's opinion, Grace doesn't have a wonky eye.



Oh, and on a side note: My Grandma was digging underneath one of her guest beds yesterday and found my GLO WORM! I was 8 years-old when my dad gave it to me and my Grandma and I figured it had been under that bed for at least 15 years. That's what we determined after wiping off 15  inches of dust from its face.

circa 1985! Glo Butterfly's ROCKED!

And here's a pic of it in a dark bathroom.
You know you wanna play with it.

And fly it around in a dark bathroom and watch it glow.

1 comment:

JakesMom31 said...

Which app is that? Is it the red laser one? I want it!

Corey