Friday, May 21, 2010

Family Fun Day 5K

Last Sunday was Family Fun Day at the RR Diamond. Terry ran the 5K while the girls and I tried NOT to work up a sweat while playing a few fun games to win small prizes. Grace won a H-E-B pedometer, which, for the rest of the day she called her 'beeper'. Ava won a weird, flimsy red backpack thing, which she stored her brown, soggy, half eaten apple inside. We walked past one of the health booths and inside a huge plastic bin were hundreds of tiny, plastic band-aid holders. I initially took just one out of the bin, and the lady behind the table looked down at Ava and Grace and told me to take as many as I needed. I grabbed a big ass hand full. They might be in your stockings this year girls... Mommy's not kidding.

Terry with his two trainers.

I knew I wanted to get some pictures of the start of the race, and ended up standing half-way in the middle of the designated 'track' which annoyed some runners. But, most of the runners smiled at me on their way past and made funny faces at my camera. :)

This kid in jeans bolted off the line and ended up passing the lead car.
Needless to say, he did not hold that pace the entire way.

#489 kind of looks like a very happy Freddy Krueger. Just sayin'.

T-Dub crossing the finish line! Whoo hoo!

WHY are they squatting?!
WHY does Grace have the OlanMills-esque hand on the cheek?

Obstacle Course!
BTW: Grace + jumping jacks = TOTALLY HILARIOUS.

Everyone loves a good old fashioned bean bag toss!

It was a really fun afternoon! Maybe next year I will run WITH Terry.

BTW: Me + running (any distance) = TOTALLY HILARIOUS.

No comments: