Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Zoo."

I tried to come up with something a little more tittilating than 'ZOO' for the title to this post, but couldn't really think of anything. And I like the word 'tittilating', and wanted to find a reason to type it. Or, perhaps it's because I've had a couple of cocktail's and all I care about is pressing publish and walking into the kitchen to squirt a slice of lime into another cocktail, sitting down and turning on the Oprah I DVR'd today.
Shhh. Don't tell Terry.

A couple of weeks ago, Brandey and I took our kiddos to the Capital of Texas Zoo. It was a fun afternoon, but it was a smaller rescue zoo, and lacked many exotic animals. The kids had a great time, but we felt the need to let them experience a bigger zoo, with lions and tigers and bears and such. Before we knew it, we'd enlisted two more of our friends and carpooled yesterday morning to the Cameron Park Zoo, in Waco.

We spent the entire day exploring, laughing and learning. Here are a few things I learned during my trip to the zoo. Typing that last sentence makes me feel like I'm in fourth grade again.

Don't be surprised if the few things I learned are of fourth grade caliber, either.

1. Owl poop is HUGE.
2. I want to own a monkey with a tiny head. There's nothing cuter than a monkey with a tiny head.
3. Giraffe's are forced to do the Downward Dog for a simple drink of water.
4. There are a lot of hidden innuendo's when it comes to the neck and head of a tortoise. Just sayin'.
5. Mother's that take eight kids to the zoo and make it out alive, deserve a big award, or a pedicure.
6. Someone tell me why a beaver's teeth are orange...
7. Watching eight kids explore the zoo made me feel like a kid again.
8. Owl poop is HUGE.

Pictures say it all, and here they are......


Cameron Park Zoo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, I love Zoos... If you ever, ever get a chance to the Ft. Worth Zoo, it will also be worth the trip