Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mom. Please Go Sit Down. I've GOT This.

Amber and I meet up basically every Thursday at a park to let our kiddos play, have a picnic and gossip about anything new that might have happened within the last six days of seeing each other. It's a blast! I truly cherish my Thursday's With Amber. This Thursday was basically the same, except for the addition of one very thrilling event. My first born learned to RIDE A BIKE! No Training Wheels! YAY! I know! What's even more thrilling, is that she learned on the same bike Amber's son, Gage, learned on. He upgraded to a majorly cool motorcycle-looking bike a few months ago, and since Ava's bike has training wheels, and his old one doesn't, we thought we'd see how Ava did scooting around his old bike.

I was astonished. Within an hour, I went from walking behind her holding her seat, to running behind her holding her seat, to her demanding I go sit on a bench because my running along side her was distracting. She put in at least a billion trips around park before we'd left. My cheeks hurt so badly from smiling all morning. And poor little Ava's hiney hurts from all of that riding. Girls get the raw end of the stick when it comes to bike riding, btw.

I am such a proud Momma. I  have no idea how I managed to keep from calling Terry. All day I wanted to drive to his office and scream at his building, "OMG! BIG KID MILESTONE ALERT! SHE DID IT!"

What can I say... I have mad secret keeping skillz.

That, and the fact that Ava requested I not tell Terry until he got home from work.

Take a look at our BIG GIRL! Aren't you proud?!?


Go Speed Racer, GO! from Kara on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

So awesome. I love that you're so far ahead of me with these things. It prepares my much-older-than-you crazy mommy mind. (Okay. Not thaaat much older, but man..., it sure feels like it.)

Way to go, kiddo!

Anonymous said...

GOOOOOO AVA!!! That is awesome! I love that you put together a little video too. She is going to love having those when she is older!!

Elisabeth said...

Made me get tears in my eyes!!! We are soooo proud of her (and you!)!!

Love,
The Hunter's

Beankountess said...

Ok - that made me cry!
I love it!!.... Just so adorable!
Go Ava Go!!!