Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day Y'all

It's been longer than the song of a whippoorwill since I've said hello to all you peeps.

What exactly is a whippoorwill and why does it need two P's, two O's and two L's?
Not only is the song of a whippoorwill long, but so is the word "whippoorwill" itself. It's fun to say. WHIPPOORWILL.

Is a whippoorwill a cross between a whippet dog and a wind mill? Or a flower shaped like a windmill? Something having to do with whippet I'm pretty sure.

I'll google it later. Or email Randy Travis to find out.

--

I thought I'd get a little small-talk out of the way, that way when I blog again tomorrow, you won't be all mad I've left you in the dark for nearly three months, and then out of the blue try to hook up again.
I'm not that kind of girl.

So you'll hear from me again tomorrow. Something with pictures or video or both because the SNOW STORM OF THE DECADE is about to slam smack dab into our house. A colossal two inches of snow is expected. This anticipated two inches has scared our city into forming crisis-management hotlines across the area  to assist in relaying pertinent safety and closure information to businesses and large companies. Oh, and also in preparation for this catastrophic storm, they've closed my daughters' school today and tomorrow.

All of this... well before any snow, rain, ice, sleet or strong wind has even occurred.

I'm laughing too.

No comments: