Friday, February 18, 2011

Sick And Tired Of Being Sick And Tired

I feel like I've spent the last six days inside of a cold, dark, germ filled cave. For a while there I thought I would never emerge, and simply die in my bed, suffering day after day with fevers, chills, headaches, rashes, fatigue and nausea. After three doctor visits, an allergic reaction to antibiotics, blood work and a possible case of mono, it turns out just one ugly hella-virus took up residence in my little body. And I have finally kicked its ass out. Be gone!

And thank God I'm better, because there's only so many HBO On Demand movies one can watch. I did splurge and buy Inception one afternoon, only to turn that shit off cuz it gave me way more of a headache than I already had, trying to figure out what the hell it was all about. My sick, pathetic little brain was too feverish and apparently wasn't able to handle any of the big words or fast movement.

I'm pretty sure I swallowed a years worth of ibuprofen caplets and if I never drink orange Gatorade again, it will be way too soon. I was that germy old lady, wearing her flowery house coat, holed up in her Kleenex littered room with the shades drawn, spooning with her remote and two prized tabby cats. Sounds hawt.

I know Terry is pleased I now have energy and am back to showering on a regular basis. Oh and the fact that I can now safely drive our kids' to school without the fear of me passing out behind the wheel, is a plus too. 

No comments: