Monday, October 4, 2010

To See NOTHING, Press Play

A whole new season of prime time TV has begun, but I'm still watching the same shit as last year.

Several weeks before all of the season premiers started, I hopped online and watched previews for every single new show on the prime time lineup. Every. Single. Show. I found 4 or 5 that looked good, and set the DVR to record the first episode of each. The week of the premiers we left for the beach and upon returning from vacation, I sat down one night with an ice cold beer and turned on the TV. I pressed LIST and waited to see the hilarious goodness that I hadn't been able to see the week of vacation.

Nothing was on my DVR list. Let me check again. Right. NOTHING.

I stared in shock, as if it was actually a big deal, but COME ON! The SEASON PREMIER of new prime time shows ARE A BIG DEAL! I knew I had set it up to record correctly, so I knew it wasn't something I did.

Then I saw it.

The plug leading from the TV was NOT IN THE FUCKING WALL-SOCKET THING.

O.M.G.

Terry!

He UNPLUGGED the TV so we would 'save energy' while on vacation. Yes. I'm serious.

Uhhhh - - In all the 7 years we've lived in this house, he has NEVER done that. EVER. And he chooses the one week where all kinds of new shit is on TV. Needless to say, I started a huge fight and bitched and moaned all night long. Pleasantries.

But now, It's no biggie. Cuz I've seen the 2nd episode of all of the new shows and there's not one we like.

Except The Event. Which is completely cheesy, but I can't not watch for some reason.

In tonight's episode, the FBI agent was impaled by a steel shank thing in her chest, given two aspirin for pain, the steel shank thing was yanked out and she shuffled on back to work like nothing ever happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two syllables....Hulu. It's all you need. A TV junkie with a non functioning DVR's best friend. You're welcome.

I watched 3 hours of Brothers & Sisters tonight. I am a TV junkie again. Sad.