Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mr. Wizard Would Be So Proud

Amber and I took our kids to Chic-Fil-A for lunch this afternoon and she mentioned inside our kids' meals were some kind of science/experiment type of toys. I tossed them into my bag and after I got home, opened them up and read the instructions. I put the girls up on the kitchen counter and "completed" the experiment for them.

Directions:
1. Fill dish with milk and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Add a few drops of food coloring.
3. Put a single drop of liquid soap in the middle of your dish. What happens???

Oh Gawd! How fun! WHAT ON EARTH WILL HAPPEN?! The suspense killed us. So I read the part that told us what to expect:

Get ready... I was excited when I read:

"Your milk colors will EXPLODE!!"

Oh Shit! Should the kids wear goggles? I looked inside the bag and didn't see any. What about gloves?! EXPLODING milk colors must make a huge mess, right? The bag didn't have any gloves either. Where are all of the safety warnings and safety equipment? Will it burn our faces when it EXPLODES all over my kitchen?

The directions/pamphlet advised us to try different kids of milk to see what effect that would bring.

After seeing first hand the EXPLODING fireworks of color, I can hardly wait to run to the store to buy all different kinds of milk, like skim or 2%. I might even try half-and-half or even whipping cream! OMG you guys! Chic-Fil-A kid's meal toys rawk!

Milk Explosion from Kara on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Just so you know, Hudson is in love with Grace.

And this video.

We've watched it 10 times.

Thanks Chick-Fil-A.

muah!

Julie said...

OMG - I've watched it over and over, too! Grace's face gets me every time. And just as I'm thinking, Sheridan would NEVER just sit there and watch. How do you get your girls to do that....Grace puts her hand in bowl. Love her!