Thursday, March 10, 2011

Someone Hold Me

Ava is on the precipice of a huge new chapter in her little life and I am on the precipice of a huge breakdown. You'll see me with the Oprah Ugly Cry in exactly five months and thirteen days.
But who's counting.

This morning I registered Ava for Kindergarten.


Shut the front door, I am NOT ready for this shit! I do not have a kindergartner, thank you very much! I have a tiny newborn bundle that solely relies on me for her tiny newborn life. (Oh, and Terry ~ he's kind of the one with the job and the money ~ that's a wee bit important.) But I'm her mom.
Sometimes that's weird to say. I'm a mom. Weird.

And I'm a mom with a Big Kid.

A large handful of my closest Mommy Friends are in the very same boat today, and are just as freaked out. So I'm taking it upon myself to speak for every single one of them, because they love me so, and I know they don't mind.

We very well may meet for lunch and have a margarita on The First Day Of School. OMG! Who am I kidding?! We would never have a margarita in the middle of the day!

We would have two.

4 comments:

The Nowell's said...

Love ya girl! This is crazy and I agree, two would be in order! Hugs!!!

Julie said...

You can speak for me anyday if it includes two margaritas!! ;) And definitely count me in for that lunch on the first day!

Lindsay G said...

Yes please, margarita or 2 on the first day, right on!

Marisa said...

Wish I could be there to mourn/celebrate with you ladies! I can't believe I have a kindergartner either!! Hope you are doing well.